Monday, March 5, 2012

Proud to be "just like mom"


In the 80's, Toronto ran a television game show called "just like mom" that my own mother and sister were on. Well, not only were they on the show, they won the game and the fridge at my cottage was the prize.

And today, fast forward a few years, as the younger daughter (not that that has anything to do with it), I am learning how similar I am to my mother and I couldn't be prouder. A dear friend (thank you Ranit--who too has a similar bond with her beautiful mother) sent this photo to me and it resonates so purely. Just recently, (as of this past Saturday) I was in Florida with my mother for 6 days. We went to the beach almost every day and relaxed (cause we know how), talked to strangers (it comes natural), ate pickles (the same kind) and ate M&M's for dessert (we share the same sweet tooth). But most of all we are patient and extend our seconds and minutes together because we both are great appreciators of life. And we look alike...

Thank you momma for inspiring and instilling all of these wonderful personas, values and tastes in me. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment