Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Monday Inspiration: Tony on Thompson Street

I was in New York this past weekend visiting with friends and of course soaking in the streets I left behind a few months ago...

I decided to walk down Thompson Street (the first street I ever lived on in ny) and bumped into a familiar face...Tony...the same face that greeted me each morning on my way to the train and the same face that was always happy to see me. He was in his usual garb, wearing his yellow stained washed out Yankee hat and matching Yankee coat and like a true native New Yorker he was on the phone sharing the same story he always told me about Soho..."Soho ain't the same anymore...all the hippies have moved out and all the artists are in Brooklyn."

In our brief exchange, I asked him how he was...and how everyone else was (referring to other people in my old building) and he said, "good good...we are all getting old!"

And while Soho may have changed, Tony continues to be the joy and energy of Thompson Street...always greeting you with a warm and sincere smile and making you feel part of something greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment